Today’s word prompt is “serene” this is the second in our series on creating a vocabulary of expressive lines.
- a piece of paper
- a drawing tool of your choice
- Adopt the automatic-drawing approach… put yourself in a receptive frame of mind.
- Think about the word serene. How does serene feel in your body? What does serene look like?
- Now, draw serene without exercising conscious control over the image.
- When you’re done, write the word “serene” on the page using the same serene line.
Reflections on the Exercise
- Physically: I was very relaxed and felt serene
- Visually: the serene line flows like gentle waves, is very curvy (no harsh lines)