Continuing to create a vocabulary of expressive lines, today’s word is “lyrical“.
- a piece of paper
- a drawing tool of your choice
1. (of literature, art, or music) expressing the writer’s emotions in an imaginative and beautiful way.”the poet’s combination of lyrical and descriptive power”synonyms:expressive, emotional, deeply felt, personal, subjective, passionate, lyric”lyrical love poetry”
2. relating to the words of a popular song.”the lyrical content of his songs”Google.com
- Think about the word lyrical. What does lyrical mean?
- Adopt the automatic-drawing approach… put yourself in a receptive frame of mind.
- How does lyrical feel in your body? What does lyrical look like?
- Now, draw lyrical without exercising conscious control over the image.
- When you’re done, write the word “lyrical” on the page using the same lyrical line.
Reflections on the Exercise
- Physically: I felt the movement in my body as I made the lyrical line
- Visually: the lyrical line flows and curves in a rhythmic fashion