This guided mindful drawing meditation that takes about 15 minutes
- an artist’s journal, unlined notebook, or piece of paper
- pen or pencil
- I listened to the soundcloud meditation file on my phone with ear buds
Drawing with the Breath
- Sit comfortably at a table or desk with your note pad and pen within easy reach in front of you and your feet flat on the floor
- Click the box below to listen to the meditation and follow her instructions
Reflections on the Exercise
- I felt very relaxed and enjoyed the meditation up until the point when I started to draw. I found it hard to allow my breath to control my pen instead of my pen controlling the breath.
- I would definitely do this again
- I didn’t like switching from my dominant right-hand to my non-dominant left.
Get the Book: Mindfulness & the Art of Drawing
If you like this exercise you may be interested in the book Mindfulness & the Art of Drawing: A Creative Path to Awareness